Sunday, January 20, 2013

Answering THE question....

Really the title says is at all...when making the decision to buy or sell it is critical for you be informed and educated about the REALTOR you work with. 

First, please know that there is a difference between a real estate agent and a REALTOR.  A real estate agent does not have to be a REALTOR, but a REALTOR is a real estate agent.  You may ask,  "Huh?"

A REALTOR is a member of the National Association of Realtors, a real estate agent is not.  The biggest difference between a real estate agent and a REALTOR is that a REALTOR is bound by a specific code of ethics that they agree to abide by as a member: something they can be held accountable to.  A copy of the 2013 Code of Ethics can be found at http://www.realtor.org/governance/governing-documents/the-code-of-ethics.

I help answer that question in the title..."What do YOU want in a REALTOR?"  When I do that it keeps my focus on you: my client. There are several characteristics to look for in a REALTOR: trust, integrity, commitment.

Establishing trust in a relationship is critical. Helping you to navigate the complexities of buying or selling a home requires trust between all parties.
Integrity: to do what is in YOUR best interest at all times. 
Working with me as your REALTOR requires that I commit myself to YOUR goals. This includes committing to maintaining a long-term mutually beneficial relationship.
I will be posting on a regular basis covering different topics...funny stories, horror stories, good to know information, answering questions, etc.
If you ever have a question, feel free to email me at Duncan@YourVBRealtor.com.  You can also follow me on Twitter at @YourVBRealtor.
 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment